18 February 2013

Vintage Apron


The strange case of Iphone head.
Here's a vintage-style apron I made using McCall's 3979 view E. I didn't want to cover up the cute pattern so I left out the pockets. I also made up my own slip-over neck piece to fit the pattern graphics instead of ties. Originally I had a vintage Sajou red guipure trim on the 'V's' looked like little dots, but discovered that it ran when I ironed it. Luckily soaking in SOS colour run removed the red, but it faded the fabric a little bit. I had done a colour-fast test in the wash that was okay but the steam from the iron was too much. Darn that red!

The Kitchen kitsch fabric was from A Piece of Cloth at the North Melbourne Market. They have a shop now at an amazing old historic paper mill outside of Geelong - definately check it out and support their new venture if you're down that way. The turquose trim was ordered online from the US from Urban Burp and I have also used it to back a quilt that I will finish someday.

McCall's 3979

No comments:

Post a Comment